Nick Davies has surpassed a major milestone in his fundraising efforts.
Since he began his Stuff the Bus food drive nine years ago, he has collected more than $525,000 worth of food — about 210,000 pounds — for Neighbour to Neighbour Centre’s food bank.
This year, Davies has set a goal of collecting 30,000 pounds during his monthly events.
He began this year’s drive in April and will continue with one a month at grocery stores across the Mountain.
The next one is July 20 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the FreshCo on Fennell Avenue East at Upper Gage.
The schedule for the rest of the year is:
• Aug. 10 — FreshCo (Upper Gage and Rymal Road East)
• Sept. 14 — Fortinos (Mall Road)
• Oct. 12 — Sobeys (Stone Church Road East at Upper Red Hill Valley Parkway)
• Nov. 16 — Sobeys (Golf Links Road)
• Dec. 14 — FreshCo (Upper Gage and Rymal Road East)